You rarely get the chance to change an industry. But that's the position in which we find ourselves. So, join us and grow with the best. Join a brilliant, creative, and inspired team that works to develop ground-breaking solutions for real-world challenges.We're Liberatii, and our mission is to Liberate enterprise data teams from database vendor lock-in. We're building a deep-tech database virtualization software that decouples databases from applications to accelerate the migration to the cloud while reducing the costs and the risks of such migrations. We are currently looking for a research scientist to join our team and push the limits of database virtualization technology. This is a unique opportunity to learn how to innovate and execute big ideas at the interface of computer science and software engineering.
When you join us, you'll get to:
- Research recent trends in databases, distributed systems and data virtualization cloud platforms
- Develop and validate methods of automating code conversion for query translation
- Design experiments, run benchmark tests, identify abnormal or unexpected behaviour in virtualized databases, and offer suggestions to optimize performance.
- Write and publish scientific papers, patents and white papers.
- Collaborate with the chief architect, software engineers, and product owner to design robust algorithms for massive parallel processing (MPP), real-time query translation, cloud performance optimization, and data virtualization.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- PhD in computer science (compilers, database systems, networking), engineering or related areas Robust experience in algorithm design and data scienceThe passion for creating new ideas and not afraid of disrupting the status quo
- Robust experience in algorithm design and data science
- The passion for creating new ideas and not afraid of disrupting the status quo
And you'll have an advantage over other candidates if you have:
- Experience in client/server, TCP/IP socket programming
- Knowledge and experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with query optimization and database performance tuning.
- Hands-on experience with distributed systems, relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft T-SQL), data warehouses (Azure Synapse, Amazon Redshift, Google Big Query, snowflake), data lakes (Azure data lake, Apache Hadoop) and ETL tools
- Experience with the Oracle ecosystem, including Oracle RDBMS, OCI libraries, Oracle RAC and Exadata.
- Knowledge of cloud computing (AWS, Azure) and DevOps (Git, Github, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, CD/CI)
We're building a team that enjoys moving fast, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real-world problems. We learn together, grow together and solve complex problems together. Candidates should feel at home when working in this start-up/scale-up environment. We get excited about meeting potential colleagues who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users. Our solutions are going to transform enterprise data management systems. So join us and help us get there together!
How to apply?
Please send an email
with your up-to-date resume. Please mention the job title in the email subject line.