You rarely get the chance to change an industry. But that's the position in which we find ourselves. So, join us and grow with the best. Join a brilliant, creative, and inspired team that works to develop ground-breaking solutions for real-world challenges.We're Liberatii, and our mission is to Liberate enterprise data teams from database vendor lock-in. We're building a deep-tech database virtualization software that decouples databases from applications to accelerate the migration to the cloud while reducing the costs and the risks of such migrations. We are currently looking for a research scientist to join our team and push the limits of database virtualization technology. This is a unique opportunity to learn how to innovate and execute big ideas at the interface of computer science and software engineering.
When you join us, you'll get to:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software (from initial concept and requirements development through to production implementation and support)
- Work closely with the product manager, chief architect, customers and other team members
- Implementing high-quality enterprise-ready code with comprehensive testing and documentation
- Code reviewing peer developer’s code and providing constructive feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to performance, usability, and emerging technologies
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- The passion to create revolutionising software products and not afraid of disrupting the status quo
- Solid understanding of computer architecture and computer science fundamentals
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to think algorithmically
- Effective verbal and written communications skills for complex technical issues
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or PhD in computer science, or related areas
- Experience in the development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
- Solid understanding of the client/server technology stack
- Experience in API & service architecture design
- Deep understanding of OOP, multi-threading, and design patterns
- Knowledge of the compiler principles (flex/bison)
- Ability to learn other programming languages as needed
- Unit testing experience
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Experience with version control systems (Git) and CI/CD (e.g. Azure DevOps)
- Strong knowledge and experience with cloud-native development (Azure, AWS or GCP), and the use of docker container and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems and hands-on experience with at least one SQL dialect (T-SQL, PL-SQL, Pg-SQL)
- Endless curiosity and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
And you'll have an advantage over other candidates if you have:
- Cloud certified
- Expert-level competency in one database system or technology (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Experience using Powershell, Python or any other scripting language.
- Good knowledge of software security
We’re building a team that enjoys moving fast, strives for continuous improvement through learning from mistakes and is passionate about work that contributes to solving real-world problems. We learn together, grow together and solve hard problems together. Candidates should feel at home when working in this start-up/scale-up environment.We get excited about meeting potential colleagues who share our enthusiasm for unconstrained innovation and understanding our users. Our solutions are going to transform enterprise cloud migration. Join us and help us get there together!
How to apply?
Please send an email
with your up-to-date resume. Please mention the job title in the email subject line.